Thursday, November 29, 2012

It is Thursday


11-29-12
How is it that a grownup ankle and a 6 year old ankle can crash and only the grownup ankle suffers damage?

The simultaneous kick of the soccer ball in two different directions by Dax and I has resulted in a decent bruise on my right ankle/foot. I was shocked at how much my ankle hurt when I got home from work when it dawned on me that it probably didn’t help that I wore heels yesterday. It isn’t super bad, but it is certainly noticeable. I can feel that it is a little angry at me.


The afternoon, while hectic, was actually not too bad. I am surprised since when I picked up the boys, Dax was already feeling surly for some reason (probably due to the fact that he would not have a lot of play time with friends due to our doctor’s appointment). He was fighting me on everything just for the sake of the fight. Luckily he was cheerful by the time homework was done.
Dax is not impressed


The flu shots were thankfully not actual shots. They were in fact the squirt of meds up the nose, which could have been bad based on the one time with Bobby a couple years ago in which it took an hour to finally get him calm enough to administer the spritz. This time, they were both amazing and it was super easy.


I could have probably let them go play with Anthony, but honestly, due to the rain, I knew it would mean having kids underfoot in the house, and I wasn’t interested in cleaning up after that mess. Plus, with company showing up tomorrow, I didn’t need that stress. I am becoming quite aware that our house will be THAT house. You know the one; the place where everyone ends up gathering for any number of reasons. As a parent this is a dream and a nightmare all wrapped together. Ok, maybe just for me what with the fact that I do get crazy freaked out with so many people in the house. Yet I love the fact that the boys are happy enough (and their friends) to hang out at our place as opposed to going elsewhere. I wonder when I will need to start making a trough of food for all these wild boys will take place.



I am happy that I don’t think there is anything scheduled for this afternoon. Bobby is mostly done with his homework. He has a worksheet to do still. I would have had him do it yesterday, but honestly, I didn’t understand what the fuck they were asking of him. He also has a summary, but those are not bad at all. It is especially cool since it is on a book we have been reading since he was born. It is supposed to be raining all day, so I don’t know what kind of friends will show up. I need to finish doing some basic clean up.

I think today is a no boss day. He is out on the calendar but he didn’t send his normal email indicating that he would be gone. This is happy making since when he is out, I can walk longer in the gym without fear of issue. Mind you, I pretty much do what here, but I do have some respect for the job itself.

I have found myself looking for something better to watch during the workout. I watched all of 30 Rock and became bored with the first episode of Parks and Rec. I still have Breaking Bad, but it seems too intense to watch right now. I am now watching a flick I am thinking I have watched before, but I can’t be sure. It is sure to be a crying movie, but it may be good to get that kind of involved in a story line so that I space out on the time I am moving. I think I need to watch Moulin Rouge since the music is happy making. Sure, it is a crying flick, too, but I know the story so well I may be ok. Sadly, Love Actually is not on Netflix. I may need to start downloading movies. LOL!



The boys will be staying at my parents’ house this Saturday night. Yes, we do have company, but said company has their own party they are attending that evening, and this allows Ken and I to attend a gathering for Aaron’s birthday. I now have to determine what to wear! It is not a fancy dinner, but sometimes it is nice to get slightly dolled up.

No comments: