Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Poor Dr. Venkman

11-14-12


I think I should worry about my company when 2 weeks after Daylight Saving Time, they still have not changed the time on the punch clock.



I was super levels of grouchy yesterday. The boys were distracted with their homework and I felt rushed what with soccer practice happening soon. We managed to get a lot done. Bobby and I did struggle with the poorly explained, and truly mis-labeled, “estimation” page. You are not estimating a total when they are showing you how to add it up exactly. Sigh.



We got Dax’s report card. I have to say, I am not happy with the number system. Not because I miss the letter scale, either. I just feel that there needs to be at least 5 levels, not 4. 1 is needs improvement. 2 I think is inconsistent. 3 is Consistent. 4 is Strong. That is not a good breakdown. There needs to be something in between 3 and 4. There should even be something between 1 and 2. It is a scale that seems to be trying to lump kids into fewer buckets, making them still all the same and ultimately it stinks of the participation award society we now live in.



Dax did well. 3’s across the board. In Effort, he got a 4 for reading, so I take that as a positive. Plus, the comments section was all positive. He did get a 2 for turning in neat work. Not surprising. He also got a 2 for self-control. Wait, are you trying to tell me Dax has a temper? Nah, really? LOL!!!



Soccer was brief due to our lack of lights, but it was surprisingly positive what with my new drill that I modeled after Angry Birds. It was a good control drill and the boys LOVED it. I was pleased.

We opted go to Denny’s for dinner. I wanted to be able to sit down and be served food. Plus, kids eat free on Tuesday seemed like a good plan. Mmm…comfort food.


I leave today at noon to go get the boys at 12:30. It isn’t super early, so it works pretty well for me. I have enough time to get home, jump on my bike and get to the school. Of course, if Ken drives them, I may just go straight to the school from work. It is nice that it isn’t too early in the idea that I can still workout and even have my lunch. Yay!

12:30 also means shit tons of time for homework. Tomorrow won’t be as much only in the idea that it is the day of parent/teacher conference, but I will still take the extra hour we will still get.

Bobby has homework during his holiday week. I stapled the packets last night. It is the same amount, except no spelling words or story summary. I suppose it isn’t a bad idea to have him do a worksheet or 2 a night during the time off. I have a book of 1st grade worksheets in case Mr. Williams doesn’t give Dax anything so that way they can each do a little bit each day.


I am also considering having them each do Christmas cards this year. I was going to let them pick out a pack of cards and have them tell me who they want to send them to. They only really have to sign their names since I can print labels for addresses at work.

It was the first night I left the ceiling fan off. I have to admit, it wasn’t horrible. I would have liked to have been a smidgey bit colder, but it was ok and both of our throats will thank us for it.

Anyone dealing with horrid critter smell? Piss, general grime? Seriously, I highly recommend using Resolve. Holy fuck, that stuff is AWESOME. It also seems to prevent repeat occurrences of the potty. Yay!



No comments: