Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I wrote this hours ago yet only just now am posting it

11-13-12


No more bunk mate at work.

I actually have been by myself for a bit what with my semi recent bunk mate having been out on medical leave the last month or so. He came back yesterday and proceeded to move over to the new area they made for their department. I am torn. On one hand, I like being alone. On the other, I kind of liked having more people come back this way. It meant I didn’t spend almost 8 hours without speaking to anyone.

Soccer practice should be interesting this evening. We don’t have lights on the field. We are starting at 5 o’clock, too, so I am thinking we will need to go all Radar on the evening. If we point the cars and their headlights on the area we may be able to have a much more lit practice. Either way, I am guessing it won’t be a long practice. We really only have 3 more game days, and after this weekend, we have a week off.

Dax has developed a cold. Not a bad one yet, but it is there. I also seem to be experiencing some of the symptoms. I am not surprised. Lots of kids at school and birthday parties have been sniffly so it was a matter of time. It is more of an annoyance at this point.

The one thing the cold does do is make me a little more tired. Not gobs, but I can feel it. I noticed Dax seemed tired, too. Bobby also seemed to show some signs of fatigue. Thank goodness this week looks to be relatively mellow in Brenan standards. Early release the rest of the week does mean homework gets started sooner (and I have more time to make them do more). Thursday is the parent/teacher conference, but that can’t possibly be all that bad.

We found gobs of glue sticks in the clearance aisle of Ralphs last night which was a huge win. Ms. Jenkins has pretty much said this was her big need in general. So we picked up all that we found (including the bonus of many of them having boxtops on them!!) and will present them to her this week.

I ordered a lumbar support piece for my chair at work. It is such a shitty chair, complete with holes in the arm rests. I am hoping that this pillow will help my back a bit since I noted that truly, it only hurts when I sit here at work.

I need to get some small Santa hats.

I put in for a couple of days off at the end of the year. Should be interesting to see if I can actually take them off.

I wonder if the boys will have homework next week.

I wonder if Legoland will be crowded on Thanksgiving.

I picked up some creamy parmesan basil cooking sauce. I am quite excited to make some chicken in it. Yay!

No comments: