Friday, November 30, 2012

More Christmas Shopping


11-30-12
Apparently the Tylenol PM works like the NyQuil does for me. I still feel a little drugged out and groggy.



Holiday shopping is going well. We obtained 4 heroes in a half shell last night along with their sensei. Also purchased was the gift to Dax from Bobby, along with a similar item that will go to Bobby from Lucy. Santa needs only to get a couple more things and I need to get a couple more small things and the boys are covered. Now to start figuring out for other folks.



Today we will meet up with Ken’s folks for dinner. With no games tomorrow, I am unsure as what we will end up doing. I suppose I should come up with some ideas lest I am approached with inquiries as to what would be fun.


My parents will be picking up the boys on Saturday at 4:30. Matt was taking my parents to dinner, and he has decided to take the boys along. This will allow some time for Ken and I to get ready for the evening and we will be able to stop at a couple places on the way out to Manhattan Beach so we can get some kid shopping done without worrying about sneaking around.



Shopping for Bobby this year is much more difficult than years past. He mostly only wants video games. Sure, he will be happy for some Star Wars action figures, but ultimately, he hasn't been drooling over every toy he sees. Dax, on the other hand, has a list as long as his over-sized stocking. When Bobby and I were looking through Target last night, Bobby wanted to get about 100 things, none of them for him. He wanted them all for Dax. He was feeling quite generous.



The other Santa item we are getting them will need to be ordered. Both of them want a bow and arrow. Yeah, because the other weapons they use just don’t kill cool enough. I suppose archery is very in these days, what with the trifecta of Hawkeye, Merida and Katniss. Hell, they don’t even know who Katniss is. Luckily, there are varieties of bows that shoot soft arrows, not ones that will pierce a guy’s heart. The actual Nerf one appears to be discontinued, so we will end up doing a different soft weapon brand that we found. It should make for some interesting playtime for them with their friends on the day after Christmas.



I am wearing my Chucks today with the hopes that my ankle doesn’t scream at me again tonight. After two days of heels, I think my injury was feeling rather enraged. Last night, I was feeling all kinds of out of sorts. My hormonal madness is in full swing, along with having eaten too much not great food and being exhausted from fighting with the boys all afternoon. I feel much better now, but my headache last night was fighting with my ankle for domination in the pain department.



I am thinking perhaps I should suggest a movie outing with the grandfolk. That would be fun and simple. It allows for the kids to chit chat with them, yet at the same time, give everyone a nice breather. Of course, I will have to see what the troops want.



I really love me some Pinterest. I know it is the land of time suckage, but I don’t care!


No comments: