Monday, July 1, 2013

Escrow delayed

7-1-13

Today was supposed to be the day.

Don’t fret, of course, but still, it is a bit of a bummer. Escrow has been extended about a week and most of this is to make sure all the paperwork that has to travel 400 miles is done on time. I had just been hoping to spend a good amount of time at the new place this weekend. Oh well, it just forces me to work on the current digs more diligently. Besides, the work needing to be done on the new place is mostly holding pending doing the electrical work. Since that kind of work can be slightly destructive in spots, there is no point in painting if said wall gets a hole in it.

On Friday, my dad was able to go home from the hospital. Truly, he felt 100% better once the draino kicked in. Of course, there was a pool from the nurses on how long before he strangled his roommate. LOL! I showed up with the boys on Friday afternoon and they were just giving him another meal, not more than a couple hours since his last one. They were clearly trying to get his system back up and running. Thankfully, the doctors cleared him later that day and he was home by about 6:30.

My weekend was good. Saturday, despite the forecast of crazy heat, we decided to work hard on the house. Ken had changed out our toilet on Friday and spent Saturday painting in the playroom. I spent the day in the bedroom packing and clearing out so much crap. I packed up books and more of my clothing. We are almost done with the playroom which means we can move either us or the boys in there. We had originally planned on moving us in there, but after some thought, it may be ok to move the boys in there. They would just be in mattresses, and since it is such a busy month, they should not have too much time to destroy the room. LOL! We can then work on their bedroom to get it painted white.

The living room looks to be the biggest challenge. The wood paneling in there is full of holes and truly should be removed. The issue is that the walls behind them look to be, well, probably not in the best condition. If they are ok, we can paint and it is all good. If they are not, we have discussed putting up different, plain paneling. It would be the whole living room and the entry way, which would make it all uniform. We also will carpet in that whole section.

I applied to borrow against my 401K. This way we don’t cash anything out and instead will be paying it back. This should help with the expenses for fixing up the current home. There is still a new kitchen floor to be put in. Mostly, though, it is a lot of painting.

Sunday morning it was turning out to be rather lazy. The heat didn’t get to us on Saturday since there was a decent breeze and our house ended up being rather cool considering. This was not the case on Sunday. I thought we needed an outing. We packed up the kids and the dogs and went out to Huntington Beach to go hit up the dog park for a while. Ken, Luna and the boys splashed around in the waves while I hung out with my old Lycos who couldn’t make it out nearly as far as everyone else. It wasn’t as hot there, and when we did leave, the fog had been rolling in. It was perfect, really, even when Luna yacked up about half the ocean near me.

The rest of Sunday was much more lazy. I did go out to Target and to Daiso in order to pick up more poo bags for the dogs. I just needed to get out of the house. When I got home, my shockingly not wiped out pups were up for some fun in the back while Ken and the boys played Minecraft with Anthony. I then ended up doing some laundry and dishes just to keep busy.

I am a little concerned this morning. I feel a little light headed. Not sure what that is about.


Even though it is only a 3 day week for me, it looks to be very busy. Reports will take place tomorrow and this means last minute posting today. Thankfully there already seem to be a lot of people out of the office, which should hopefully make for less panic. 

No comments: