Monday, July 29, 2013

WOO HOO!!!!!

7-29-13

WOO HOO YAY!!!

Can you tell escrow finally closed?

Even though it was pretty much a done deal by Friday, I still was happy to get word that Escrow was closed. It meant everything was for reals. We went to the house Friday night with champagne in hand. Sadly, said bubbly was without the bubby. I guess it had turned at some point. This did not discourage the celebration in the least. The boys and I danced around the living room with streamers and had a good ole time. My folks came over and celebrated with a toast. When they left, we went and met most of our neighbors who are incredibly awesome on every level. The couple next door to us has been there for more than 40 years and apparently it is the dog stop. He likes to sit in his garage and when the other neighbors walk, they always stop and chit chat and he has treats for the dogs and everything. In fact, while we were there, everyone seemed to come out and Luna and Lycos got to meet all the neighborhood pups. It was so wonderful. Shirley, who is his wife, was excited that we were fixing up the place and was more than ok with us doing things like paving near her plants. I am telling you, it was like we had moved into the best neighborhood ever!!!

Frank and Brandon came by and we chit chatted with them for a while, too. I told them I would write a testimonial. They also still want to provide sandwiches and a house warming shin dig which is super cute. Seriously, if you need a realtor, they are the best!

Friday was the only night to rest. All weekend was work! We cleared out the attic completely and packed up what was to be kept and what went to yard sale. We also cleared out our old bedroom completely. It is ready for work! We also went by the new house to drop off a couple of things where my folks were working on taking down all the molding, which is awesome. I also managed to remove some more of the fake brick stickers.

I took care of a lot of the items in the living room and because of a crate acquisition credited to Dax having spotted a bunch, I was able to pack up most of the books. The living room is way less hectic now meaning we will be able to do some work in there. One of the things we have to do is move the fridge in there for a while since we have to work on building a closet in the bedroom.

Ken moved the couches and other items from the driveway in order to set up the pool for the boys. We decided to go ahead and set it up at the Halldale house since we are going to be working a lot there and the boys need to be able to swim and get out of the house.

Dax managed to wreck another iPod. Sigh. He dropped my old phone, which is what he has been using, into a glass of milk. I don’t even know how this took place, but it did. Said phone is now in a bag of rice, and it will hopefully dry it out.

I am sore, but not tired like I expected. I suppose the adrenaline is keeping me going. I have a couple days of busy at work so this will make the days go quickly. This afternoon has Ken and Dax at the dentist, so I think Bobby and I will get to have some one on one time which I think he will enjoy. Perhaps I can come up with a project for packing that he can help me with. He has been going nuts with the whole pestering little brother thing, so I think one older sibling to another will be good.


No comments: