Friday, July 26, 2013

SOLD!

7-26-13

SOLD!

Escrow hasn’t closed, but the loan funded and I have the keys!!!!! WOO! I was feeling pretty groovy about the whole thing when I went and retrieved the key from under a brick on the porch. The boys and I went and made copies, taking the time to even choose specialty keys so each of us had a different one. Sadly, Ken pointed out we would be changing the locks so it wasn’t nearly as exciting. LOL!

The close should happen today which means champagne tonight at the new digs along with some sparkling apple cider for the boys.

After we went and made useless keys, the boys and I headed over to the Carson shelter. I tend to browse shelters daily now to see if any puppies are something other than a Pit or Chihuahua. I found a Lab mix at Carson who was positively adorable based on the pic. I tried calling them but no answer. I even tried to contact via Facebook. We opted to go by there. Sadly, the pup had been adopted. Ok, no, don’t get me wrong, I hope that the pup got a home. My concern is that a rescue group pulled the dog and now what would have been an easy adoption for someone for $75 will end up costing $400.

I am wondering if the cats sensed my considerations for a new pup since I was attacked rather brutally last night. Sure, they made it look like an accident. Monarch and Breezer were chasing each other which just happened to result in Monarch running across me on the bed with brute force leaving a giant scratch on my boob and forehead. I am shocked there is no visible bruising being how hard he hit and how much it still hurts this morning. I know they just made it look like I was just in the war path, but I still have my doubts.
I am excited that my mom is coming to lunch today. I am also glad the only real annoying coworker took today off so I don’t have to subject my mother to her bitchiness.

I find it humorous that it is summer, a time in which I shouldn’t feel worried about having piles of yard sale stuff outside because rain isn’t an option, that there have been multiple storms that have come along in the last 2 weeks. Sheesh! That being said, I do love the rain.


No comments: