Monday, July 8, 2013

hoping for good news

7-8-13

Panic and stress are key this morning.

I was feeling pretty groovy Saturday morning. I had accomplished a lot the previous two days. We had a fantastic 4th of July and Friday I was able to make a dent in kitchen packing. The sun was shining as much outside as it was in me.

Then the clouds formed.

We were at Costco when Ken got a call from his dad. It was expected what with the paperwork having been sent to them to sign so that hopefully escrow would be closing this coming Thursday. Ken’s tone was visibly somber and I had to take to breathing exercises to prevent the inevitable panic attack.

The loan paperwork came through but the quoted rate was not correct. Papa Brenan received the paperwork and noted the error. He tried to get in touch with the loan agent with no success. The problem was that it was July 4th. In addition to the holiday, it was a holiday on a Thursday which meant a long weekend for many people, including Michelle the loan gal.

Papa Brenan was angry and feeling rather deceived. He also felt as though due to this snafu, we would fall out of escrow. His feeling is that if the rate on the paperwork is correct, it is too late to find someone new to finance the loan. If the paperwork is just a typo, there isn’t enough time before Thursday to correct. He also said escrow couldn’t be extended.

I quickly texted Brandon knowing that he would get back to me right away. Ken also got on the phone with Frank. Frank and Brandon are awesome. Frank told Ken that although Michelle was on vacation until today, he would text her. He did so and discovered that yes, it was just a typo. Michelle also said it would all be corrected today. In addition to this, it is pretty easy to extend escrow especially since the seller is probably ok with it since we are motivated buyers. He also called Papa Brenan to calm him down. Brandon also called me and was concerned that I was ok.

Now, this doesn’t mean we are out of the woods. Papa Brenan has a knack for over dramatics when it has come to this whole thing, but that being said, there is cause for concern. The seller could very well decide to bail on us. However, it feels to me as though this isn’t something that has not ever happened before. Fixing paperwork shouldn’t take that long. Sure, there is some time that needs to be spent, but since there is such a time restraint, people will bust their asses to get shit done. Maybe I am just thinking of all of this in terms of if I was the person who had to fix it I would already have it done. I sometimes forget I am far more efficient than other folks when it comes to work.

I still feel like this is fixable. Maybe I am optimistic. Maybe I am just stupid. Maybe I just refuse to believe that something this fucking minor could mean us losing the house. Either way, I was upset and I took to my generic spiced rum that evening. I will point out that I wasn’t the one that put it in the cart. Ken actually sought it out for me.

Sure, I was pretty fuckered up that night, but not as much as later when I woke up at 1 am in a complete panic. Dax had lost his other front tooth and I didn’t know if we had changed out the tooth in the goblin with his little prize. I could have gotten up to look, but I didn’t want to wake Ken up. Instead, I spent the next 2 hours stressing about that and the house and everything else in life. I really didn’t sleep well. I must have finally dozed off, even though I know I tossed and turned. Around 8 I woke up to find Ken was already up. I got up and he and the boys had gone and picked me up breakfast. Ken thought pancakes would be a good plan for what he assumed would be an epic hangover. Thankfully, hangover was minimal. Pancakes were wonderful!
So I will be spending today trying to not freak out. I don’t know what time Michelle gets in the office. I know that the paperwork had to be written up and sent to the notary to get signatures. Honestly, I am tempted to just fly them down here to sign everything. Sadly, this is not up to me.

The rest of my mini vacation of 4 days was fine. We worked on the hopefully new house on the 4th. We cleaned up the tiles in the rec room and my parents cut down much of the giant bush in the backyard. I am hoping that it wasn’t for nothing.

We took the boys to see Despicable Me 2 yesterday, which was a much needed outing. It was comfy and air conditioned and funny. It wasn’t as good as the first, but still a lot of fun.

Today is the start of 2 weeks in which Ken and the boys don’t get home till 6 pm. This means I get home around 1:15 and have all this time to myself. Today’s adventure will have me cleaning up the messes from the weekend. I also am planning on painting the porch roof. Most of this won’t take long, which means I have time to walk with Luna, including some jogging in there. I had a dream in which I ran a 5K, and I am now inspired to make it happen. I jogged a bit yesterday at the tail end of our walk. Dax and Luna jogged with me. I hurt, but it was the good hurt. I hope to feel more of that. This morning I have already committed to squats at bathroom breaks again. 20 per break. On the 4th I had to use a public restroom and I noted how much easier it is to hover now that I have worked on those muscles lately. LOL!!

I have to get over to the mall, too. KROQ stickers at Hot Topic. I know this may seem pretty lame, but I like them.


Why is it only 6 am???

No comments: