Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Still waiting

7-24-13

I want to be able to fix it.

We are waiting on I guess the lending company to correct this fucking HUD sheet. Once it is done, it can be sent to the Compound for signatures. We don’t even need a notary. Just ink on paper and FedEx. By all accounts the seller is ok with waiting and everyone just doesn’t understand why the lender is so fucking slow. Sigh. One good thing is that Bob isn’t going out of town today, so hopefully this shit gets to them soon. I am going out of my mind.

In some good news land, I did finally find my sleep zone last night. We moved pillows and made the correct spacing and I slept fantastic. I was super cozy. It was also a bit surreal to have Breezer sleeping next to me on the side pillow. I woke up to see this orange kitty sprawled out there, which was where Goosh would sleep back when he was alive and in that very room. It was pretty cool.

Monarch scared the shit out of me the night before last. I woke up to him dropping this long thing in front of my face in bed. I was sure he had caught one of the mice and was presenting it to me. Turned out it was only Ken’s braid he had “captured”.

I was clearly still in the world of the book I just finished. Lots of old folks and death which translated into Ken and I helping our old neighbor and her family before she was shipped off to an assisted living facility. She was going a little loopy in the dream and for whatever reason, her family was trying to get rid of all her stuff. I was able to talk her down and determined it wasn’t the dressers and other furniture she cared about. It was all the stuff inside. I helped her go through it and it was really an awesome and touching scene in my head. I was looking at pictures of people I didn’t know and newspaper clippings and random stuff with a woman I didn’t really know. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Of course, there was the wacky side in which I explored her back yard where there happened to be a fountain and concrete ducks that would swim around and randomly quack. Yeah, that happened.

I am picking up the kids from camp the rest of the week. Ken is staying late to start with cleanup. Tonight Ken also has a soccer class and a soccer game. I am hoping that I can remove more items from our old room this afternoon, also. I have been working on laundering random blankets and items that can be packed away once they are cleaned. Perhaps we can get it cleaned out enough that we can start painting by this weekend. Yay!


No comments: