Wednesday, July 24, 2013

more

7-24-13
Progress!
The HUD has been approved which was this morning. It is supposed to be sent to Papa Brenan this morning by noon. Our loan officer is hoping to fund today. Oh my goodness, this would be a load of awesome. I hate waiting, though. I have been checking my email every 20 seconds, checking to see if my phone is on, hoping I get some kind of notification that we are good to go.
Yes, there is a lot of work ahead of us. Thankfully a lot of it will be done quickly and simultaneously. We will have contractors and people who will do a lot of the work on the new place. Part of me is strangely bummed about this if only because I like the idea of putting all my efforts into the new place as opposed the old place. That being said, I do like the idea of moving in to a place that will be mostly done and the best part of said move will be decorating. Yay!
I also like the idea of the place being really ours sooner than later since it means I can move some of the big furniture I don’t need in the old place now. I can put a couple of things in the new garage. This will make working on the old place so dang much easier. Right now I find myself still having to take care of a lot of domestic crap while then finding time to do other stuff.
Another nice thing right now is Ken should be done with camp this week. This means he will have a couple weeks in which he isn’t in a class. I know he has some items coming up in Camarillo, but that is not a huge deal and it still means 3 extra days those two weeks.
Andy is talking about coming down on the 4th, so I know that he and Ken will be working on things during that time. I really hope the electrical doesn’t take as long since a lot of things will be hindered by that progress. The bathroom demolition and then remodel should be interesting all around. Once again, I hope all of this is something that will be quick and painless.
I could be doing some work, but I am beyond caught up and the customer harassing doesn’t sound appealing right now. I want to call someone or email someone at the escrow place to find out if things have been sent. I just don’t want to come off as annoying, especially when there are already multiple people working on it. I will send a follow up at around noon thirty since by then it doesn’t seem rude.
Of course, why should I worry about rude?
I am also still looking through listings of houses. I feel like something bad will happen. I worry that this place we are getting is too good to be true. Of course, I felt that way when I first peed on a stick and determined I was knocked up. There are certain things in life that make me wonder if it is all for reals.


No comments: