Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Surprise Wedding!

7-31-13

A wedding!

I dropped off the boys and knew I had an evening of kid free grownup time ahead of me. Ken and I were able to go to IKEA and price out a closet unit for the bedroom, which will save us time for part of the fixing up process. We also were able to wander Target without constant interruptions. We got to P.F> Chang’s a little early which just allowed us to have a drink and discuss baseball at the bar.

The first to arrive was Greg and Tanya which is when we were filled in on one of the events for the evening which was their nuptials! Apparently common law marriage is changing significantly in Kansas and it seemed a good idea legally speaking to get the 10 year plus relationship certified. Tanya wasn’t as thrilled with the slightly impromptu dinner wedding, saying she would have preferred just doing it at the court house, but I think overall she will be glad this dinner was had and that their love could be celebrated with friends.

I was little miss social butterfly, which was strangely fun. Sarah was there, and I had not seen her in person in ages. I caught up with her and Cindy which was fantastic. Danielle Doyle was there, too, which is super fun to see all these people I knew from my past. I visited with everyone for chunks of time, which quite honestly made me giddy with happy. I even played with the three kids that were there, including Celeste who is just a total cutie. Charlotte told me that yesterday afternoon that Celeste was mad at her mother for having married Adam because SHE was supposed to marry him. They had a little ceremony at their house in which Celeste promised to love her daddy forever. Too. Fucking. Cute.

I really did stay up way later than I should on a work night, but despite the minor hangover I am doing pretty damn good. I am guessing I have just had a really good last few days so I am on adrenaline.


Now I have reports to finish up since there were issues yesterday. I have been stalling on doing them but I know that it won’t take me long and really, my day looks to be pretty dull aside from them. 

No comments: