Tuesday, October 9, 2012

can I go home yet?

10-9-12


I just don’t understand how I got away.

The epic dream last night included some kind of Ocean’s Eleven style heist which seemed to be against aliens who were masquerading as human and taking over an amusement park. Ken and I got away, but our companions did not. Of course, this may have been part of the plan but the pesky alarm went off.

I was tempted to call out this morning. I felt kind of icky this morning. I feel a little better, so we shall see how the morning goes. I think this is all just the result of the impending period that approaches.

The boys, Luna and I did our jog last night. It went well. I was impressed that Bobby made it all the way around. It was a good run. I know it is only a block, but when you are not used to running as much, it can take a bit out of you. I can walk like 25 miles, but I am still getting used to the jogging thing. It did feel good to just do a bit of exercise in the evening. I think I slept better because of it.

Soccer practice is tonight. I am going to run these kids. I think the extra running we have all been doing has really helped. In fact, I think we will keep doing the same stuff we have been doing since I think it has really helped them overall. I am hoping to get there a little early so I can do my running before practice.

I did good last night. I made sure to only have one helping of dinner. Yes, this seems like a silly statement, but it is surprisingly easy to have that second one. This morning I had 2 small chicken sandwiches. Not too many calories, which is good.

I really enjoyed feeling a bit cold this morning when I got out of the shower. It means that the nights are finally cooling off. I am really anxious for those evenings in which I am shivering so much it almost looks like a convulsion as I try to quickly get under 6 blankets to warm up. I love winter sleeping!! It looks like it may rain on Thursday. Even though it will be a warm rain, it is still rain, and it is happy making.

I went on an epic AYSO rant last night. I love the organization, but I feel that they have been going in a wrong direction. It isn’t their fault. It is society that has once again become concerned with making life fair for kids. I know, I am a big proponent of making things easier on kids, such as with homework, but that is more in the idea that gobs of homework doesn’t help them. I also feel as though dumbing down the sport of soccer doesn’t do anyone any good. When I played and I was probably 8 or 9, I played with 11 people on the field. It worked. We had fun. We learned positions. Sure, there was some mob ball at times, but it worked. Now, U8 has only 7 kids on the field at a time. I understand the idea behind it, but I think it doesn’t need to be done.

Mind you, I still like the organization. I will continue to work with them and who knows, maybe we can make changes.



No comments: