Monday, October 15, 2012

I need a break

10-15-12


My throat hurts.

Ok, that is all my doing. LOL! I was yelling and cheering so much at the game on Saturday, my voice decided to go all kaflooey. I sound worse than it is, though. I suppose it is good I have tea here at my desk.

We spoke to Ms. Jenkins on Friday. Ken and I went in and asked her what the policy was on the library books. She practically interrupted us with acknowledging that the letter Bobby wrote was quite harsh. Here is her side of the story.

When he didn’t have his book, he and other kids could not browse the books at the library that day. Instead, she had them write a note to remind themselves and their parents to make sure to bring the book back. She has always told them to keep the book either in their backpack at all times, or in their desk at school. Bobby penned the letter to us all on his own. He is the one who opted for tough love, apparently. I explained to Ms. Jenkins that not only did I get scolded in letter form, but I was verbally reprimanded. Turns out Bobby was not benched the first day. Plus, he wasn’t really in trouble. She tries to stress to them to be responsible, and if anything, she mostly goes kid by kid. This being Bobby’s first offense, he probably would not be benched every day. If it was something where he was doing it week after week, then further action would be taken. My guess is she used some pretty harsh scare tactics with the kids to hopefully put it in their brain to make sure to bring the book back each week. It worked, but sadly it was relayed to an over protective mama.



My plan had been to go out to dinner with the family when we arrived home from my parents’ house. Instead, minute after we showed up, their friends appeared and all the kids were out playing. I noted that I still had a lot of work in the house and we ended up just ordering take out. It wasn’t ideal, but then again, at least I could walk around in jammies.



Saturday was busy. Ken left early again for soccer, and I busted my ass on the house. I did a shit ton of laundry. I made the kids do their chores. I cleaned rooms that needed some serious help. Our bedroom no longer looks like a storage closet, which is a nice change.

We left for the game at about 1, as I had hoped to catch the game before ours. It was supposed to be the team that had the two rough players on it and I wanted to watch it from a different perspective. Sadly, Ken had been mistaken in what time that game was and it turned out I missed that game. No worries, as I still prefer to be at the field early.

The boys didn’t play as well as the week before. They all seemed sluggish. That being said, our two goalies for the first half were on fire! They were amazing! I was so freaking proud of them. Thankfully, they all seemed to perk up second half. Dax had an amazing break away at one point. It didn’t result in a goal, but it certainly lit his spark and he was on fire the rest of the game. The other team was fantastic. Actually, some of the players were quite remarkable to watch. I was impressed with their ball skills. They played fair and even though we were out skilled, we held our own.



After soccer, we headed home to the comfort of home. I was happy to walk in to a mostly clean house. After we put the kids to bed, we watched Clueless and determined it has held up remarkably well being something like 15 years old now.



Sunday we hopped on the bikes and rode up to Norms for breakfast. It was a nice ride, although a little too hot, really. Still, it was worth riding as I needed some exercise, and we are still working on getting the boys in the best shape they can be in. After breakfast, we rode up to the new Walmart and even went to Petsmart. It was a really fun ride. It ended up being about 12 miles, which I still determined wasn’t enough.


After we got home, I dug into laundry again. We let the dogs go swimming. The boys tried, but said the water was much too cold. Instead they played and we all hung out.



I had to have Bobby do some homework. He took it better than he could have. We got a night’s worth done. I also had Dax write a letter as practice. He wrote a note to Mr. Williams telling him that he hopes he feels better being that he was out on Friday. I am even having him turn it in.

Dax was on the verge of his Sunday night breakdown much of the afternoon. I kept him smiling most of the time, prepping things like a bath with a shit ton of ducks and having him help me pick out the stories for bedtime. Sadly, he did finally crack before he crawled up to bed. He didn’t want to go to school. After much comforting, I finally got him thinking with telling him how he needed to go to school each day so that he got his perfect attendance record. He seemed better with that, and Ken said when he went in kiss them goodnight. He was very tired and I think keeping all that emotion in all afternoon wiped him out even more.

For two weeks I have to park in the back lot. I don’t mind it so much but currently I don’t have a key card to open the gate, therefore I either have to hope someone shows up to let me in, or wait until 4:45 to get in, which sucks. I am tempted to ask for a card, but I am afraid that it will end up making some people start to question my arrival time. So for now, I am going to park in the lot I never use just so that I can still clock in at an early time. Stupid auditors. Apparently they need my normal spot. LOL!

I have bags under my eyes. My dreams have been filled with stress. Last night I had a mini breakdown. I felt overwhelmed despite technically having accomplished quite a bit. I feel like I am always moving. Even on a Sunday in which I should be just hanging out, I was taking care of chores and kids with bleeding knees. Sure, some of that is my fault since I was the one who insisted on a 12 mile ride. That being said, it is the only time I felt more at ease. It was forcing me to not do things like housework. I was joking with Ken about the idea of a spa day. I was wondering aloud how soaking in mud felt. I then realized I couldn’t do a spa day since it would mean I couldn’t multitask. That would be an epic fail on my part.



I really should figure out how to just be calm. Even sitting down to watch one of my shows is stressful since I feel like I am neglecting something else. I need to let shit go. But I feel if I do, it won’t ever get done.

I wish Ken could blow off classes today. Actually he only needs to blow off Costa. I could totally come home after he drops off the kids at school and he and I could just try to vege out in bed. You see, if I try to do this by myself, I will end up cleaning something. I need a person to help ground me!



No comments: