Monday, October 29, 2012

my costume is pretty much complete

10-29-12


Well, at least all of my jewelry is clean and organized now.

I was out front with Bobby washing my car when Ken came running out telling me en emergency cleanup was needed in the bathroom. I knew he had been working on a clog in the pipes, but I thought it was under control. Sadly, it ended up resulting in the bathroom sink over flowing. The fluids not only got all over the bathroom floor, but ended up filling my two drawers that contain my jewelry and makeup. The runoff even filled one of my boots that happened to be in there. Yuck.



Luckily there were no casualties that were an issue. I spent the next hour sanitizing every piece of jewelry I have. It did allow me to organize again and as I pointed out to Ken, they were more sparklie now due to my efforts. LOL! Plus, Ken got me out a couple of new containers he had, allowing a better storage option for everything. It wasn’t the ideal way to do this project, but I suppose it worked out in the end.



My weekend was filled with lots of activity. Most of it wasn’t as dirty.

Friday afternoon was the Halldale Family Fun Night. We all put on our Avengers gear and headed to the school. Sadly, these are not the Halloween carnivals of my day. There were only 5 lame ass games and a lot of kids milling around doing not a lot of anything. We had some food and listened in for who would win the prizes the boys put tickets in. Dax won a lunch with Mrs. Fasheh and a couple other teachers, which is freaking awesome. He is going to take Bobby with him. They will go up to Louis Burger at lunch on some Friday. I thought this was really cool.



Boy, a lot of kids know that stupid Gangnam Style song. They played it like 4 times in a row. I do not care for it one bit, but I did enjoy a shit ton of 1st and 2nd graders dancing their asses off to it. Bobby marched around in his Thor costume to the tune, which was pretty damn funny. My baby is very white.



Our game Saturday morning started great. We were ahead 1-0 all of the first half. Even the third quarter went well. Bobby was goalie and he saved a ton of goals and did freaking amazing. There was a jumble right at the end of the quarter that resulted in a shot. Bobby snagged it, but it was apparently right on the line so they gave them a goal. I didn’t mind since really, this was the first game I felt we were finally evenly matched. We lost 2-1, but it was a fun game. Even parents from the other team came up and told us how fun it was. I liked that. A good day on the field!

The boys and I then set out for costume shopping. We hit up a Goodwill and I was able to find an ugly coat, which was perfect for the part. We had a leisurely lunch and then headed out to my mom’s for a bit. It was perfect, really, as I was able to leave them for about 20 minutes while I ran up to the Salvation Army quickly and find a skirt.

My costume isn't quite this cool, but the sentiment is there


We went back to the field to help in tear down. Boy, with the boys and I helping, they got out of there super quick. Yay Team Brenan!

A quick stop at the grocery store and the Redbox allowed us to have some homemade dinner and we watched the Muppets. Ken also picked me up 3 different kinds of hard cider to try. That was a fun treat!



I was neglectful in not having the boys do more homework, but I really enjoyed letting them run around with their friends for several hours on Sunday. I also felt guilty for dragging them all over town on Saturday, so I guess we should be ok. I need Bobby to do a bit more homework tonight than normal if only to be able to not do much tomorrow since he and I have a dentist appointment at 3 for our cleaning. The good news is that this shouldn’t be a problem.

Today looks to be sort of busy, what with me prepping for reports that happen tomorrow. My main issue is keeping focus. I have a new book that is sitting next to me, calling out to me.



No comments: