Monday, October 1, 2012

fun weekend

10-1-12


If it was a smidgey bit redder, I could go as Black Widow.



Friday afternoon went better than I worried it would. What with Bobby heading out to his play date with Christopher from school, I worried that either he would get cold feet or perhaps Dax would break down about not being able to go. Instead, everyone was incredibly cheery and pleasant and it was going to be a good day!

Dax and I headed over to Tomboys where I treated him to the world’s best milkshake. He was quite pleased, and it was really fun just sitting with him and talking about his day. He was quite chatty and seemed very happy to have the attention 100% on him. We didn’t stay long since he decided he had to use the bathroom and rather than bother with theirs I figured we could go to my folks’ down the street and let him use theirs.


Once again, Dax was center of attention with the visit since Bobby wasn’t there. It was cool, and I think because of this, he didn’t even pitch a minor fit about it being time to go.

Saturday morning sent Ken on his way to the field and I set to work on the house. I did a shit ton of laundry, scrubbed the bathroom and did some other housework. I then made 2 lasagnas. One was for home later, whereas the other was for Ken and the other refs at the field.

We went to the field much earlier than the game, but I wanted to feed the troops. The pasta was much appreciated. Yay!



The game wasn’t until 3, which was ok except that the wind had really started to pick up. The other team was short handed and yet we still managed to lose. That being said, we did at least score once. And, we got to cheer on 2 kids who had been on our spring team. Our team, although they did well, were just sluggish. No one went to the ball and it was a lot of yelling on my part. Plus, one player just flat out kept not listening to me, which pissed me off something fierce.

During the game, Ken yelled out to me to watch our game and he ran off to the game next to us. Apparently the two coaches were up in each other’s faces, ready to throw down. The game had been very heavily one sided, which produced a frustrated kid on the other team who resorted to a little more rough play. The coach who was winning (who btw was the same jackass who was having his team practice 3 times a week before we caught wind of it) got upset and next thing you know the grownups are acting like children.



Even though we lost, I was impressed with how thrilled the boys were. They seemed to know that they are doing significantly better and were very cheerful and excited. I guess that means we are being an encouraging sideline.

I am guessing I will get another talking to, though. When the one kid kept kicking the ball across the center of the goal, despite several times of me telling him to not do this, I hissed at Ken when he walked past me that he was not to take anymore kicks. I don’t know how loud I was but I think his mom saw this and I think she is the mom who had the original dammit complaint. Sigh.

I didn’t sleep in as much as I should have on Sunday but I was awake enough that I knew I had to get up to prep. Sabrina, Dylan and Taylor, along with their grownups, were coming over for some time in the pool. It was a perfect day for it, and we all had a lot of fun. The kids were pleased. Even the kids from across the street came over for a bit, with Zach telling me at the end that it had been the most epic day ever. Hee!



We then went out to an early dinner with my folks at Don Jose’s which had reopened after the remodeling. It was nice to have some chips and salsa, especially since with the multiple kid tossings, whirlpools and wave making I had certainly earned some yum.




The boys were so spent. You could see it in their faces. On the way home I let them play on the iPods so they could just zone out. They took a bath and I filled the tub with several Playmobile boats that I realized would be perfect for a fun time. Plus, it kept them occupied while Ken colored my hair.

Ken is not sleeping at night and we don’t know why. He happens to have a doctor’s appointment this morning, and I am tempted to go with him simply because I am afraid he is not going to stress to them enough how little he is sleeping. It is at 9:30, so if I leave here by 8:30 or so I should be able to take him. Plus, I will be able to get most of my day’s work done by then anyway.

I am really worried about him. It is one thing to have insomnia, but this is getting to the point where I worry about things like him driving.

I got some Halloween shopping done at Dollar Tree. They didn’t have nearly as much as I would have hoped, but I guess that is ok on the pocketbook. I need to get over to Cost Plus.





No comments: