Friday, October 5, 2012

Oh alright.

10-5-12


How could I resist after he practically pleaded with me?

Wednesday night I had a bit of a rant that was directed at Ken’s recent responsibilities. He had spread himself so thin what with work, soccer, extra Lego projects and everything else he does. I pointed out that this was frustrating enough that I need to get away from my role as Treasurer because clearly I would have to pick up the slack at home.



He went to bed that night and apparently determined what made him so upset about this. He then addressed all of it when I got home yesterday. He told me that he really wanted me to do the AYSO stuff with him, specifically because he really enjoys doing something like this with me. But that being said, he understood everything thing I was saying, and agreed with me 100%. This meant he had to take action if he was to convince me to stay on.

He actually told the FLL people that he would not be helping out with setting up the tournament sets this year. He explained what he needed to do in great detail on what we could do as a team to get the house in an organized fashion that I am asking for. He organized some of his household hobbies and went to a lot of effort to get other things ready for the great cleanup we will be doing.

I am still not thrilled with his all day Saturday commitment, but luckily this truly only goes through the end of next month. Plus, going forward, if we work on a common goal, instead of me running around sweeping up after him, we should be ok.

So today part of my tasks are to fill out the AYSO form to stay on as Treasurer for another year. Will it kill me? Probably not. In all fairness I do have it pretty well under control since I freaking rock. I might as well hang on, especially because I actually like many of the people on the board. I really like the RC, and I am happy to make things easier.



Is it bad that I get positively giddy when I find deals? We had to stop by Ralphs last night so I could get the bank statements for the board meeting. While we were there, we hit up the reduced section since it was Thursday. That is the day in which they put all the “new” stuff there. Holy fuck, I felt like we hit the jackpot. Recently, we had picked up a couple of cap guns in that section for the boys. They loved them, as did I since they were only like $.75. The problem was that the caps were not going to be things we would get a lot of. A packet is normally like a buck fifty. Well, not only did they have like 50 packets in the clearance aisle, they were marked down to $.37. Oh, but wait. It gets better! We did self checkout and because they are so lightweight, it wasn’t registering us putting them in the bag after scanning. So the self checkout cashier (yeah, I know, that is about the dumbest thing ever) ended up scanning them for us, which somehow gave us an additional discount making about a dozen of them free! Woo!!!



Dax let me have his giant Bolt. I have been trying to figure out what pillow or blanket I can use for sleeping with and I noted his giant Bolt up on the shelf. So I says to Dax I says, hey kid, can I sleep with Bolt tonight? He didn’t even hesitate. He said, “Yup!” So I start getting down the big one and he actually thought I meant his regular Bolt, the one he sleeps with every night and is very well loved. What a sweetheart. So then he tells me I can not only sleep with the big one, but I can have it. Man, I love the shit out of that kid.



The kids have their fundraiser information. It is a pretty cool set up this year. It is all online with a pretty extensive catalog. For every item a kid sells, they get some kind of tickets into a drawing or something like that. Plus, they get other prizes. The boys specifically wanted to sell 10 items each so they could attend some kind of disco party. Dude, Bobby had me at disco ball. I composed an email and sent it to the masses. By last night they each had sold 16 items thanks to my folks, Andy and Jenni. YAY! Hopefully some other folks will consider buying something. I know I will place an order, too. They actually have quite a few things that are pretty cool.



It is also almost time for the Halloween night at the school. It sounds like it is happening the week before, like on that Friday night. It will have another drawing of prize packets you put tickets in. I am so planning on getting a shit ton of tickets and once again hopefully putting them in the random ones for the boys so they win something. Dax did win a cleaning set that one year, the same year that Bobby won a baby pack. LOL! It is a lot of fun, so I am excited.



I am guessing wearing a wig this year will be much easier what with my short hair.

I would like a nap. I don’t like the whole getting to bed at 11 only to get back up at 4. I am surprisingly functional, though. I am giddy it is Friday. LOL!



No comments: