Wednesday, October 24, 2012

stop payment

10-24-12


I am looking forward to seeing the doctor tomorrow.

I did a decent amount of running last night at practice. Enough that I can feel it, so I will take that as I did the right amount. I would like to do more, but sometimes the practice is about the kids running, not me. LOL!

Tuesdays, despite being a soccer day, seems to really give us more time for homework. The boys get out an hour earlier, and with me not having to worry about things like dinner since that is after practice I have a couple of hours where we can really concentrate on getting ahead. And with our new way of doing things, we were kicking ass last night. If all goes right, we should be done tonight. Of course, he will still have book reports to write tomorrow night, but mostly those are just so he gets ahead on that, and so he does some homework. Yay!

Dax is frustrated since his name keeps being flipped in school, which essentially means he did something wrong. Nothing serious, mind you. Mr. Williams has a one warning system, and once you fuck up twice, you get your name turned, which means no prize box that afternoon. In all fairness, on Mondays especially, only maybe 2 kids stay good enough for the prize. That is the whole point. Mr. Williams is teaching them to really work towards being good.

Despite his being upset about this, he has been kicking ass on his educational game on his iPod. I had downloaded apps called Teach Me and they have ones for each grade level. I just downloaded the 2nd grade one which Dax is using and doing well. Yes, these are advanced concepts, but the app is great in not only rewarding them for knowing the answer, they help you figure it out if you are stuck, so in essence, he is learning how to do things we won’t be formally taught until next year. Of course, I think Mr. Williams teaches a very advanced 1st grade class, but much of the things like the math questions are what I see on Bobby’s homework, not Dax’s. I would have Bobby use the app more, but honestly, what with all his homework already, I am ok with him zoning out a bit while playing an actual game.

Sigh, now I have to make a phone call to USBank for AYSO. Bleah.

No comments: