Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Unicorn Monster

10-3-12


Reports are done!

I busted my ass all day yesterday and managed to get all the reports done in record time. It certainly helped that they all ran correct and I was able to start work on them promptly at 4:30 in the morning, but either way, I still rocked.

On Monday night, I had a dream in which I talked to Robbie. I was at the school with Bobby, and it was after hours, probably close to 5. He and I had been helping out at the school. We knew someone was picking us up. Out in this really cool older car I saw my Uncle Bill. He didn’t look as old as he had when he had died. In fact, he looked more like the old photos I have seen of him. He was cheerful and happy to see me. As Bobby and I went outside, we then noticed someone was in the back seat. She got out, and it was Robbie.


I was thrilled to see that the siblings were together. It gave me some comfort. I knew that they were dead. I ran up and hugged Robbie. She looked sad, but I was so happy to see her. Billy was much more jovial and he was joking with me and laughing and having fun with Bobby. Robbie got angry and yelled at her brother. She wanted to know how he could possibly be happy. It was a clear referral to their fate. Billy shrugged, and it seemed to me that although he wasn’t thrilled with it, he knew it was what is was and was just enjoying being able to hang out with Bobby and me, even if only in this forum.

I hated seeing her so sad. I knew she had so much to live for, and I was always so impressed with her strength after the diagnosis, but I knew it was never easy to deal with. I was very sad when I woke up and I no longer had her in front of me.



I really miss her.

I got the pictures of my boys! School photos are a very happy time for me. I had no idea that something as simple as this one picture would make me so giddy. I take literally thousands of photos of these kids each year, and yet this one single shot is the one that cracks me up.



I had the boys each write simple letters to include with the copies to send to the Compound. That should be a cool package to get. Sometimes I really look forward to being a grandparent and I hope that my kids include me with their children.

We officially removed Luna’s crate from the living room. She hasn’t used it in months and months. Ken went through the whole entertainment unit and removed old DVD players and other items not being used and opted to just take the crate out of the equation. It has allowed us to move everything around in a much nicer way.

The playroom is a mess, and the crazy cleaning part of me wants to just clean it up, but I know that this has to be done by the boys, so I am doing everything in my power to just ignore the pile of toys.



Ittles has lost about 3 pounds over the last 6 months. She looks very tiny. She is not a young cat, but she isn’t exactly old, either. We have been tracking her (along with everyone else’s) weight, and it looks like ever since Tonks, she has been losing weight. Much of hers and One10’s recent weight loss is due to the flea-nemia which kicked in a bit last month. Thankfully, it seems we have that under control and everyone seems happy. It is still concerning. I gave her some kitten food last night, hoping it would hopefully give her a nice fatty treat.



I seem to have misplaced my iPod. I am very frustrated with this. I would have guessed it was on my desk, but I couldn’t find it there this morning. Hopefully it was just knocked down on the floor by a cat and I just didn’t see it. I am mostly concerned that it somehow fell out of my boob last night when I was jogging at the soccer field. That will be most upsetting.

I did quite a bit of jogging last night. I ran the field twice, plus I ran carrying Bobby over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes. I also ran around during practice. I feel confident that I can easily make it around the block with Bobby who really needs some practice with his running for the game. Hopefully this afternoon it isn’t as hot so he and I can go for that jog.



No comments: