Monday, October 22, 2012

Need another weekend

10-22-12


I wish I could figure out what I did to my arm.

Another crazy hectic weekend at Casa de Brenan. I really wish I had a weekend for my weekends. We had a million errands on Friday night. I had planned on making cupcakes for the team on Saturday since I ended up being in charge of snacks this week, but Ken convinced me to just buy them. Probably for the best, really.

Saturday was a constant on the go kind of day. In the morning, I opted to drive Ken to the field since I had to go get ice anyway and I knew I would be at the field multiple times over the day and one car made more sense. Of course, the one day that I got up early so I could get out of the house by 7:30 with Ken, the boys opted to sleep in. I had to wake them up at 7:30. On the plus side, there is something to be said about being able to wake your kid up by crawling into bed with them and being silly.



The boys had a birthday party at 10. Luckily, it was across the street, but it still meant getting them ready to go and still give them a deadline of noon to come back since we had to head out to the game around noon thirty.

During this time I worked on laundry and other housework items. There was no shortage. Noon came quickly and I went to gather my kids so I could get them dressed for the game.

When I go to the field, I normally just have the coach’s bag and my bag. Really not a big deal. But with me having snacks, and Ken uber busy reffing all games on Saturday, I had to drag a cooler, cupcakes, the banner, the balls and my normal load. Yay wagon! Still, it was a bit of a pain.

The game was a blow out. It was awful, really. I honestly feel our team is pretty good. We just need to go to the ball more and honestly, it is hard to teach that. The other team was also amazing, so I don’t feel too bad. Still, I hate seeing our kids lose every game. Thankfully they are very happy kids and don’t seem to mind. We have told them that we see the improvement with each game, and they are all just pleased to be on the field. I like that.



Also, cupcakes will make ANY kid happy.

I gathered the kids and ran them back by home since they had another party at 3. The plan had been for both boys to stay since I had to go back to the field to take board member pictures and to get Ken. Instead, Dax flipped out about the idea of being left, so he opted to come with me. Thankfully Bobby didn’t care one way or another.

We went to the field only to be a part of quite a bit of drama. One of the other U8 teams has a coach that has multiple complaints about him. On Saturday he pushed a button of the team mom one too many times. As we were by the region canopy, she storms past us, kid in tow and tells us that someone needs to control that man. Turns out she pulled her kid mid game just because she didn’t want her kid around this coach.

It was crazy what happened. One of his team members got hit in the face with the ball. Pretty standard, and it is more than reasonable for said kid to sit out for a few minutes to get his bearings. The coach, however, decided that 15 seconds was too much and kept badgering the kid to go back in. Poor kid was still upset and hurt, and in the arms of his mother mind you. All the parents started yelling at the coach to give him a second, and the coach roared at all of them and told them that he wasn’t speaking to them. The AR told me when he heard it, had he had the power, he would have red carded him. Sadly, Ken, who was center, didn’t hear this exchange.

It was the last game of the day, which meant those teams, coaches included, were supposed to do field tear down. This coach was gone in seconds, and apparently this is his standard way of dealing with the end of the game. Not to mention, he has three practices a week, which is not allowed.

The good thing is that much of the board was showing up to the field and was able to hear quickly from the actual witnesses as to what happened. Needless to say, he is going to be probably banned from coaching. YAY!

Sadly, with all of this going on, it meant things were going to take longer at the field. I was able to keep Dax entertained by helping clean up the field, letting the parents and board members handle the issues at hand. That being said, my kid was bored. In all fairness, so was I.


We were able to get the pictures taken and then were able to set out for home. We opted to get Dax via bicycle since it was in the neighborhood. Plus, we decided we would ride up to Old Torrance and get dinner. We had planned on going to Buffalo Fire House, but it looked like they were having a private party. So instead, we took the time to ride up and drop off the game cards at a board member’s house, and then set out for dinner.



We couldn’t figure out where to go, and Ken suggested we finally try out the Korean BBQ place we always pass. It was shockingly good! You cook the food at your table and there was plenty of items that all four of us enjoyed. It was pricey, but a fun time was had. I was impressed with how much food the boys ate!



We got home and then the four of us worked on setting up the sets for Ken’s party on Sunday. Thank goodness the boys are really good at this Lego thing. Plus, they like to help.

Sunday was a day of clean up and grocery store outings. Ken and the boys headed out to the party around 2, but I had already started the housework process. By the time they got home, I had done all of the clothing part of laundry (I was still working on beddings), changed the bedding and cleaned up the boys’ room, cleaned the living room, entry way, kitchen, and our bedroom. I also managed to make a casserole for dinner, breakfast burritos for Ken and I all week, and a pumpkin bread loaf. Yes, I do indeed rock.

I am a little annoyed that I didn’t catch this earlier. We had gone to the store and pharmacy yesterday. The meds I needed were actually my crazy pills. They filled my Metformin. Crud. It meant by the time I caught this (Ken was picking up the meds so he didn’t know what I needed), the pharmacy was already closed. This means I am missing a pill. I will more than likely be fine, but it is frustrating.



I probably should not read the book I am reading before bedtime anymore. It is about a rather dysfunctional relationship, and I know that this is part of the reason for the random not great dream I had last night.

Dax is now using the pee alarm. I know he will be happy if he doesn’t have to wear his nighttime undies anymore, so this is around the time Bobby started using the alarm, so I figure we can start using it. Right now, it will be good to determine his patterns. Last night he peed around 3 this morning. Not bad, being that he lasted that long. I will be cutting him off from liquid earlier tonight, and hopefully with the nighttime pattern we have worked out, he will stay dry longer, and we can get his bladder stronger.



This Friday is the family fun night. I am looking forward to it. I need to do some things to get ready for my costume part of it, but I know the boys are jazzed that we are going in costume as a family.



I am also jazzed that the game this coming week is at 9 am. So much nicer of a day when we can go early and then have the rest of the day. Of course, when I say we, Ken is sadly not included since he is stuck at the field all day. But it does mean the boys can get home and play with their friends all day, which often is hard to do when it is game day.

My arm really fucking hurts. I just made an appointment for Thursday afternoon. Hopefully it is nothing, but then again, part of me wants it to be something so I can get it fixed. I am worried it is just some kind of tendentious that is from the arm circles or something like that. I know when I pick up my water cup here at work, it hurts like hell. Not happy making.

I am pretty proud of the breakfast burritos I made. They are about 320 calories each, which isn’t too bad. Super freaking filling, which is what I need. Lots of protein and quick to heat up in the morning. I made 10 of these things, which is cool since it means Ken and I have an easy breakfast each day. It will make my mornings much better, and I feel better about a small amount of calories. I am trying to cut back again and do more working out. I have not stopped moving since I got to my desk. I am doing all kinds of stretching and little exercise at my desk today.

My mom told me she is retiring this June! This shocked the crap out me. I know she gets frustrated with the people at work and actually, it sounds like she gets frustrated at the same kinds of things I get annoyed with, and she has finally just had enough.

Don’t you hate it when you absent mindedly scratch your arm and then notice a puddle of blood on your desk because you apparently put a small hole in your arm? No? Only me? Oh, ok.

There were a bunch of teens in formals on Saturday night when we were heading over to get Bobby. I swear, I am such a sucker for that shit. I actually want to go to my reunion just so I can get dolled up. I am always hoping for someone I know to get married and to invite me. I want so badly to get dressed up. LOL!

Ok, I have work to accomplish today.

No comments: