Wednesday, October 17, 2012

debate schamate

10-17-12


Am I bad for not giving a rat’s ass about the debates?

I know the election is important. Trust me, I am going to vote and for good luck, the family is even going to eat dinner at the same restaurant while they tally votes. But until that time, I don’t need to hear anything else. My vote has been made.



I was pleased when I heard Romney did well on the first debate. I was feeling bad for the guy. He had been having a bad couple of weeks in the press. Look, I don’t hate the other candidate. He is a politician, just like Obama. Honestly, they both suck on different things. They both rock on different things. This being said, a bunch of talking in a big room with a moderator doesn’t do anything for me. It is all just, well, talking! I don’t need to hear it.



I realize this mini rant makes it sound like I am in a bad mood. On the contrary! I am actually feeling quite groovy this morning. I managed to get inside the building at a reasonable time because I entered the parking lot early enough to meet up with someone who could let me in. YAY!



Yesterday I feel like I was moving all day. With my exercises at my desk all day, the walk on the treadmill and then running a shit ton at practice I am a little sore. Woo hoo! At the end of practice, I had all the boys come up to me and I randomly broke into a run around the field with all of them trying to catch me. It was freaking awesome.

I have been using my new strategy on homework this week. So far, it has been good. It does mean I sit in the playroom during the entire process. It also means that homework is done quicker, and better and there seems to be less pissing and moaning. I keep them on task, while also having fun with the whole process. I have had Dax re-write things because the writing was messy. So I will describe it as the letters all in some kind of funky party, which makes him laugh and not balk at my request. It is a good thing. In fact, because of this approach, we are a good day ahead on Bobby’s homework. Tonight he will finish his packet, and have plenty of time to work on some book reports. Tomorrow, he can do the rest of the book reports due this month. YAY!



Wednesday is my day alone all afternoon with the boys. It means I am hoping to get some housework done after homework is complete. I think I will also make some spaghetti for dinner, which will be fun.

I enjoyed my Monday hooky day. I left work at 7:45 and ended up lying in bed with Ken for 4 hours or so. We listened to the rest of Kevin and Bean. We napped a bit. We also watched 3 or so episodes of Firefly, which was enjoyable. I didn’t go online during this time. I didn’t check my phone. I just relaxed, which I don’t do enough. It was super wonderful, and I am quite glad I did it.



I think I will need to go get snacks for the game this weekend. I didn’t realize how many more games were left, and ones that had not been originally scheduled. The family doing snacks this week is out of town, so I think I will cover for her if she can do them next week. I am considering using this time to make something fun for the kids, but I don’t know yet. Maybe some kind of Halloween goodies. I can make cupcakes I think without having to worry about any allergies and I can make them Friday night.



Ken and I ordered our costumes from Amazon. I am just crossing fingers mine will fit. I need to get some Spanx since I think it will make me feel better in my stomach area for the day. We also need to go get the costume for Luna and possibly one for a stuffed bear.



This weekend is going to be busy. Saturday after the game I take the boys over to a birthday party. It is possible I will once again have to stick around. Bleah. Sunday, Ken has a birthday party he is doing, which does mean in the next couple days the living room will be a staging area for the sets. It is possible the boys will go with Ken again, though, and be his employees. The nice thing with that is that I get a small break. Maybe I can take the dog to the park.

For now, I think I will focus on making it through today. The boss has Friday off which means he will be a total pill the next two days.

No comments: