Thursday, October 25, 2012

heading out early

10-25-12


I am only bummed that I won’t be able to use the gym today.

My doctor’s appointment was changed from 4 this afternoon to 10 this morning. The only plus is that I don’t have to stress about homework and bringing the kids to the doc’s office. It also gives me some time in which I can go take care of some costume shopping and other outings that I can do by myself, which is kind of cool.

I think my plan will be to leave here around 8. That way I don’t have to deal with the boss. I am also hoping they can get me in earlier. I mean, the apt will probably be quick since they won’t be able to do much for me. I would imagine I will end up getting an X-Ray? But if it is just some kind of muscle or tendon strain, that would be referred to someone else, which from what Ken said, may take a few weeks before I can see someone. Lame.



Actually, the homework thing should be easy today. Bobby is done with his standard week stuff, so we can just do a bunch of book reports. I figure I have homework packets to staple and I need to help Dax, along with a quick visit by the RC for soccer, so we have a pretty easy afternoon ahead of us. Yay!

I already did my hair for Black Widow, so that part is set. I am planning on picking up some Spanx so I don’t feel so blobby in the costume. Not that the boys care, but I do. The costume is freaking hot, so I am hoping tomorrow afternoon isn’t one of the warm days.



Ken got asked to possibly play on an indoor soccer team. I am a little jealous. It is a men’s team, and truly despite my working out I don’t know how well I could hold up on an actual team, but still. I need to start busting my but some more. I gotta be able to handle playing on a team if they organize a co-ed one for the spring.

I have been looking at cars. It is still in the stages of wishful thinking, but with the van being paid off shortly, we can really start planning. I found a PT Cruiser convertible. I know, I already have a PT, but honestly, I have really loved my car. So here I would have the best of both worlds. I would like to go look at it this evening to see if it is even a viable option what with the two kids that would need a place to sit.



We also found some options, one in particular that would be great for Ken. It is one of those delivery style trucks complete with a lift in the back. It is only $5K and it would allow us to get rid of the blazer AND the PT. I would then go back to the van. I am cool with this. It isn’t a convertible, but I just need a car that doesn’t have the worst gas mileage EVER.




Dax’s writing assignment today is about his favorite singer. He was thinking about it yesterday and he really was torn between Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. So we went through their music catalogs and counted the number of songs from each singer that he liked. The winner was Ms. Perry. I am quite pleased that I just found out that it is her birthday today. This will make Dax happy and it will help add some fun content to his paragraph.

No comments: