Friday, October 26, 2012

family fun night tonight

10-26-12

Lateral epicondylitis.


In other words, I have a tendon that is a little out of whack right now and it is strained. It is often called “tennis elbow”. Ken has the same thing, so he feels my pain. The doc prescribed some cream that is supposed to help. She also told me to wear one of the straps that are everywhere that essentially keeps the muscle from tugging at that tendon while it heals.



When I told Ken he told me I will end up going back and I will ask for a cortisone shot. He had the same experience so far and since this is one of those things that hurts like hell and even the most patient person will finally get tired of waiting for the pain to subside. The only thing that truly helped him was the shot to the arm, and thankfully aside from the odd side effect of a funky skin patch where he got the shot, it has helped.


The good thing about the doc visit is that it allowed me to have the rest of the morning to myself. I headed over to the mall in search of Spanx to hopefully make me feel less like a grody sausage in my Black Widow costume tonight.

Turns out despite life being a pretty much 24/7 kind of schedule, Del Amo Mall does not adhere to this. I got there at 9:30, assuming I could do some of the shopping. Instead, the entire mall was still in shut down mode. There was a fair amount of people there, though. None of them were standing outside the shops, flashing their hands muttering “open, open, open.” They were made up of two groups of mall walkers; moms with strollers and angry Asian women.



I considered going and getting something to drink in the food court and just hang out to wait. Even the court was a ghost town. I opted to sit on a bench and wait it out.

The walking around the mall and wait resulted in finding a new shop that turned out to have quite a few cool items. When they finally opened, I ended up getting 3 small canvas prints with various skull pictures. I also found a travel mug with the Eiffel Tower on it for Dax. Yes, my random 6 year old has an odd fascination with the French landmark.


 
I went to Cacique and found the Spanx I was looking for. I also found a bra that was in the $20 bin. I am quite thrilled with this one. It is pretty and holds the girls up quite well. Yay!



Last night we went to go look at the convertible PT. Sadly, it was already gone. I am surprisingly bummed. I mostly just wanted to see if the boys would fit. I wasn’t going to get the car, but I hate not having the option.

Tonight is Family Fun Night at the school. I am looking forward to it. It is only 2 hours, from 4 to 6. We will undoubtedly stay the whole time. It should be interesting, especially since I am pretty sure this will be the first year that at the least, Bobby will probably leave us to go hang out with friends. That will be one of those bitter sweet moments.

Ok, am I lame that I thought Napoleon Dynamite sucked? I feel the same way about many of those smash hit movies.

80 today?? Fuck. The good news is that it is also windy, and by late afternoon the temperature tends to drop so my skin tight non-breathable fabric will not kill me. Sheesh.





No comments: